Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Poetry Is Dead / Arte Factum
























(I meant to post this up here a few weeks ago but life had other ideas)

I have piece in the new issue of the mighty Poetry is Dead.  It is an honor to have my work appear in one of my absolute favorite publications.  This is their "resurrection" issue, just in time for the Spring thaw (though here in NYC nothing ever managed to freeze).  Personal favorites from the volume include bits by Amber Dawn, Sean Howard and Stephen Collis's To the Occupations.

My contribution is a Self Portrait, one in a series of experiments using found language to attempt to unlock the dynamic between the internal and the external.  This one pilfers from the I Ching and Bob Ross for a touch of hopeful melancholy. 

The folks at PiD are having a special poetry month sale, where can get a years subscription for a steal at 6 bucks.


Also, my chapbook Music for End Times is part of the gallery show Arte Factum, which is dedicated to the art of the chapbook.  It is up now at Project Space in Vancouver and curated by Poetry is Dead editor Daniel Zamparelli. It runs for a few more weeks, so if you find yourself in area stop in a check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment